Re: RARA-AVIS: Black Money

From: Charlie Wilson ( redwingblackbird@direcway.com)
Date: 30 Jan 2005

Hey, it's not February yet. It's been a long time since I read the Lew Archer series, but they were some of my early faves. Black Money was all right, but I'd recommend The Zebra Striped Hearse and The Chill. What always fascinated me was the plotting. The stories were always a circle, no matter how byzantine the path by which you arrived. And the stories were tragedies. Not light reading by any stretch of the imagination. Ah, if only I hadn't had that yard sale after I got married ... CJ

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> What would our lives be like without music, dance, and theater? Donate or volunteer in the arts today at Network for Good! http://us.click.yahoo.com/pkgkPB/SOnJAA/Zx0JAA/kqIolB/TM