Re: RARA-AVIS: Reintroducing myself & some questions about John Trinian

From: Jeff Vorzimmer ( jvorzimmer@austin.rr.com)
Date: 17 Jan 2005

David,

I'm really not in the business of selling electronic books. If I thought your books were too full of errors to read, then it follows that they wouldn't be good source texts. If you downloaded the books I posted (there is a sample chapter) you would see that they bear no resemblance to your books. But the main reason that I wouldn't use your books is that most of the hardboiled crime fiction you're selling are still under copyright and you obviously aren't paying royalties. You can get away with it, because you're flying under the radar for the most part. I do however think what you're doing is a service to those avid readers of hardboiled fiction who wouldn't otherwise have access to these texts because they have been, for the most part, neglected. I applaud what your doing, I just think the books need more editing.

I will gladly email you the PDFs of the books of your you claim I'm reselling. With your permission I would even post your PDF of said book and let people compare to mine.

Jeff

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> What would our lives be like without music, dance, and theater? Donate or volunteer in the arts today at Network for Good! http://us.click.yahoo.com/pkgkPB/SOnJAA/Zx0JAA/kqIolB/TM