Re: RARA-AVIS: Hammett Day on TCM -- What Coulda Been

From: Bill Crider ( bcrider@houston.rr.com)
Date: 17 Jan 2005

Kevin: Being a really old guy, I saw THE FAT MAN when it first came out. I was already a big fan of the radio program, which also starred J. Scott Smart as Brad Runyon. I have to admit that the movie's no classic, but it's worth watching just for the curiosity value. William Castle went on to become more famous for his publicity stunts than for his directing, but he was good at crime movies. And besides J. Scott Smart, the movie stars Rock Hudson in one of his earliest roles, along with Emmett Kelly and Julie London (!).

Bill Crider

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> What would our lives be like without music, dance, and theater? Donate or volunteer in the arts today at Network for Good! http://us.click.yahoo.com/pkgkPB/SOnJAA/Zx0JAA/kqIolB/TM