RARA-AVIS: Dirty Sally

From: Craig Larson ( CLarson@nhcc.edu)
Date: 05 Jan 2005

One of the books I read over my brief Christmas break was Michael Simon's Dirty Sally, which concerns the investigation into the death of a prostitute whose body parts are being sent in care packages to a number of wheeler-dealers in Austin, Texas, back in the late 80s/ early 90s. The investigation takes the police detective investigating the crime ever higher into the realms of the moneyed elite as every lead he turns up winds up dead. This was a very fast-moving and bleak look at how those in power can get away with just about anything. One of the few books I've read that truly does echo James Ellroy's stuff (and I'm an Ellroy fan, so I mean that in a good way).

Craig Larson Plymouth, MN

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> Has someone you know been affected by illness or disease? Network for Good is THE place to support health awareness efforts! http://us.click.yahoo.com/rkgkPB/UOnJAA/Zx0JAA/kqIolB/TM