RARA-AVIS: Miami Purity

From: Tapani Bagge ( tapani.bagge@aina.fi)
Date: 03 Dec 2004

Just read Miami Purity by Vicki Hendricks. An excellent novel, kinda like modern-day revearsal version on The Postman Rings Always Twice. A very concentrated story, just a handfull of characters and a couple of places, and the narration sure is tough and colloquial, though at times tender, too. And hot. Everything is so real it becomes surrealistic. One of the best noir books I've read this year, if not the best.

I know Hendicks has been discussed here before, but could there be a chance of getting her as a guest? What do you think?

Tapani Bagge

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> Make a clean sweep of pop-up ads. Yahoo! Companion Toolbar. Now with Pop-Up Blocker. Get it for free! http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/kqIolB/TM