Re: RARA-AVIS: Ross Macdonald's influence

From: David White ( dpwhite237@yahoo.com)
Date: 29 Nov 2004

I think if you look, any story dealing with secrets with the past, sins of the father, in the PI format, you can look to two things. Ross MacDonald and THE GREAT GATSBY (which of course influenced MacDonald.)

-Dave

Michael Robison < miker_zspider@yahoo.com> wrote: Hammett and Chandler represented major paradigms in the hardboiled genre, and I have no trouble seeing the strength of their influence. I see nothing even close to that in Ross Macdonald.

miker

Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT