Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: Larry Brown, RIP

From: DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net
Date: 26 Nov 2004

Richard brought up the movie Big Bad Love, based on a Larry Brown story. According to the Post obit, there's another movie involving him, a documentary entitled The Rough South of Larry Brown.

Something else that stuck me was this line: "He began finding his work accepted by the motorcycle magazine Easyriders and Mississippi Review, where the Algonquin editor first noticed his abiities." Quite an interesting pair there.

Richard said, about watching the Brown movie then finding out the next day that he was dead:

"Everyone has had that sort of coincidence happen to them but it always feels a bit strange when it does."

I stayed up most of Christmas Eve night several years ago watching Seven Samurai and Magnificent Seven back-to-back. I opened the paper the next day to find an obit for Toshiro Mifune.

Mark