Re: RARA-AVIS: Former Spies as Spy Writers (was Briarpatch)

From: jimdohertyjr ( jimdohertyjr@yahoo.com)
Date: 18 Nov 2004

Some follow-up on my comment below:

> I've heard that Gayle Lynds (Mrs. Michael Collins) has also worked
in
> some capacity for US Intelligence, but, again, I'm not absolutely
> sure of that. Like Bill and Hagberg, Mrs. Lynds first spy novels
> were Nick Carter PBO's. In addition to her own stuff, she's
recently
> been "completing" Robert Ludlum novels.

According to her website, Mrs. Lynds is "a former editor with Top Secret security clearance at a think tank where her government projects ranged from making deserts bloom to designing cutting-edge military hardware that had the capacity to wipe life from entire continents."

That sounds like she was at least on the peripherary of what Kipling called "The Great Game."

JIM DOHERTY

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> Make a clean sweep of pop-up ads. Yahoo! Companion Toolbar. Now with Pop-Up Blocker. Get it for free! http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/kqIolB/TM