Re: RARA-AVIS: Best books since 2000?

From: E.Borgers ( wbac12034@tiscali.be)
Date: 05 Nov 2004

Juri,

I think you have to include David Peace and his Red Riding Quartet (1974
- 1977 -1980 -1983 ). These 4 books form one of the best noir writing of these recent years.

Also, a talented Mexican writer who was translated into English, I think: Rolo Diez, mainly for his recent series with his atypical cop Carlos Hernandez (maybe you have it in Finnish?). Irony and corruption in very interesting HB/noir novels ("La vida que me doy", and other novels).

I personally would include Kem Nunn, as he produce so little but always of high value. A new novel was published recently.

Hope this helps.

E.Borgers Hard-Boiled Mysteries http://www.geocities.com/Athens/6384

Juri Nummelin :