RARA-AVIS: Funny (possible spoiler alerts)

From: Juri Nummelin ( juri.nummelin@postikaista.net)
Date: 24 Oct 2004

Francois Truffaut made funny Goodis in his "Shoot the Piano Player" (which some of you may not like, but it's Goodis after all).

SPOILER ALERT!

Jason's books are very funny. "Cold Caller's" actual murder is one of the funniest in the genre. I find something very amusing about "Fake I.D." when Tommy Russo does his employer's wife in. "Nothign Personal" is also a great fun.

But it's not nice fun. You're not supposed to make you feel good. I don't see any point claiming that noir couldn't be fun.

(And as for McCoy's "They Shoot Horses" not being humorous, I seriously disagree. The ending quote is as humorous as they come.)

Juri

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> Make a clean sweep of pop-up ads. Yahoo! Companion Toolbar. Now with Pop-Up Blocker. Get it for free! http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/kqIolB/TM