Re: RARA-AVIS: Bouchercon, UK mags, People's Friend

From: JIM DOHERTY ( jimdohertyjr@yahoo.com)
Date: 12 Oct 2004

Donna,

Re your comments below:

> . . . sorry if I sounded
> as though I was
> sniping - it was just the idea of a hard-boiled
> story in People's
> Friend which made me snigger. Trying to be funny -
> sorry. This is
> why I don't come out onlist very often :o)

On the contrary, I'm sorry if it sounded like I took serious offense. I just wanted to make sure I hadn't been misunderstood.

I hadn't actually checked out the website yet and it happened that when the question about UK fiction mags came up I'd just read the article that mentioned TPF in the MWA newsletter.

After checking out the site I quite understand why you felt compelled to chuckle (is "snigger" anything like
"snicker?").

And do post more often.

JIM DOHERTY