RE: RARA-AVIS: Nick Carter

From: Scott ( s.kime@comcast.net)
Date: 12 Oct 2004

According to my trusty old Armchair Detective Volume 15 number 4 from 1982, Footnote 6 states that any unknown auther never turned in the completed manuscript, and Turkish Bloodbath was published instead.
  Scott

I'm convinced TYPHOON RAY doesn't exist. I've been asked about it before and this question probably came from the same person. Bob Vardeman wrote a Nick Carter called NORWEGIAN TYPHOON but told me TYPHOON RAY wasn't his working title for it. I wonder if an editor considered changing the title of Bob's manuscript and maybe even added the alternate title to a list of upcoming books, but then the title didn't get changed after all. Only explanation I can think of.

James