Re: RARA-AVIS: Nick Carter

From: James Reasoner ( james53@flash.net)
Date: 12 Oct 2004

----- Original Message ----- From: "Bill Crider" < bcrider@houston.rr.com> To: < rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com> Sent: Tuesday, October 12, 2004 3:51 PM Subject: RARA-AVIS: Nick Carter

> I got the query below this morning. Can any of you rare birds help out?
>
> Bill Crider

> paperback. The title "Typhoon Ray" appeared in 4 different paperbacks in
> 1982. However, after years of searching, the paperback does not seem to
> exist. Some book dealers that I've corresponded with say that perhaps it
was
> a manuscript title that never did get published. No one seems to have ever
> seen a copy. Interestingly, Amazon.com has it listed in their paperbacks,
> but not available!

I'm convinced TYPHOON RAY doesn't exist. I've been asked about it before and this question probably came from the same person. Bob Vardeman wrote a Nick Carter called NORWEGIAN TYPHOON but told me TYPHOON RAY wasn't his working title for it. I wonder if an editor considered changing the title of Bob's manuscript and maybe even added the alternate title to a list of upcoming books, but then the title didn't get changed after all. Only explanation I can think of.

James

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> Make a clean sweep of pop-up ads. Yahoo! Companion Toolbar. Now with Pop-Up Blocker. Get it for free! http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/kqIolB/TM