RARA-AVIS: Re: Introduction

From: Juri Nummelin ( juri.nummelin@postikaista.net)
Date: 12 Oct 2004

Dave:

> Welcome! I had the good fortune to visit Helsinki when I worked for
> Nokia a few years back. I had the best beer I ever had there -
Kozel
> Gold, which I had at a restuarant that I think was called the Ninth
> Floor. I've also had the best Vodka I ever had, also at the same
> restaurant. Unfortunately, Kozel's not available here in the states.

The beer must be some foreign import (I really don't know since I don't drink beer myself).

> How much interest is there in Finland for noir?

There is some, even though the people read more huge international thrillers (we have some phenomenally popular writers of our own). There have been no reprints of noir classics recently and we are missing a good specialty publisher. I tried to persuade some publishers for Jason Starr (hi, Jason!), but alas, with no results. But I do know many people (hi, Tapani!) who have a great affinity for noir, both film and books.

Juri