RARA-AVIS: Introduction

From: James R Winter ( winter_writes@earthlink.net)
Date: 11 Oct 2004

Hello,

After due consideration and some minor arm twisting by Bill Denton's panel at B'con (Not too bad. I could still lift beer bottles.), I've decided to join Rara Avis.

My name is Jim Winter, but I am also known as "That Blowhard from Cincinnati." I'm allegedly a writer with a novel coming out in November, about a dozen short stories to my credit, and numerous reviews under my belt. Which is a long-winded, self-congratulatory way of saying that I don't know what the hell I'm talking about.

Anyway, I'm glad to be here and also glad to know that Kevin Burton Smith doesn't really bite. Unfortunately, Brian Thompson... Er, um, Rian Thornton.. I mean, Brian Thornton... does. Fortunately, I had my shots before I left for Canada last week.

Enough with the in jokes. Glad to be here.

Jim Winter

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> Make a clean sweep of pop-up ads. Yahoo! Companion Toolbar. Now with Pop-Up Blocker. Get it for free! http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/kqIolB/TM