RARA-AVIS: Douglas Winter's Run

From: Juri Nummelin ( juri.nummelin@postikaista.net)
Date: 11 Oct 2004

I just finished "Run" by Douglas E. Winter which, if I remember correctly, got some high praise here some years back. The style was great, especially in the shooting scenes, but the plot wasn't at the same level. I would've also wanted deeper characters, but with the shooting going on all the time, you can't expect anyone to dwelve in their thoughts, right?

I don't know whether this was hardboiled, mainly because of the hectic style in the present tense, but there certainly were some noir elements, especially the wrong (or fall) guy theme.

What do others think?

Juri

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> Make a clean sweep of pop-up ads. Yahoo! Companion Toolbar. Now with Pop-Up Blocker. Get it for free! http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/kqIolB/TM