RARA-AVIS: File - reading-list.txt

From: rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com
Date: 10 Oct 2004

Last updated: 29 August 2004

----------

September 2004: 75 years of THE MALTESE FALCON

  Dashiell Hammett's THE MALTESE FALCON was published in BLACK MASK in
  five installments from September 1929 to January 1930. Now is a great time to
  reread it (or read it for the first time, if you haven't already!) and
  see if it holds up, how it's influenced the genre, and so on.

Having a theme for a month, where people can read any book by a particular author or in a certain series or on a certain topic, is easier all around than the old book-of-the-month readings we'd do. It brings up a lot more discussion on the list and it doesn't tie everyone to a certain book that may be hard for them to find. I encourage everyone to read something related to the theme of the month and mention it on the list. All the regular RARA-AVIS talk goes on as well, of course.

This message is automatically sent out twice a month.

William Denton List-Owner