Re: RARA-AVIS: "You imbecile! You bloated idiot!"

From: Ed Lynskey ( e_lynskey@yahoo.com)
Date: 03 Oct 2004

--- William Denton < buff@pobox.com> wrote:
> A few years ago I asked about the bed in Spade's apartment and
> where it goes. We see it at the start of the movie, when
> Spade's woken up with thecall that Archer's dead, and a few
> minutes later when Dundy and Polhaus come to talk to him.
> Later, it's gone. I think it's a Murphy bed, and for the rest
> of the movie it's stored back in the wall, while a sofa is
> out for people (Brigid) to sit on. The bed's disappearance
> was one of those little details that nagged at me, but now
it's
> solved.

You know, Bill, the movie has a lot of details like that slip by me. For instance, in this recent showing of the movie, I noticed that Sam Spade at the end of the night while waiting on the dingus goes around and cuts off the apartment lights. I don't understand why but it's a movie that's watchable innumerable times.

Ed Lynskey

=====

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> Make a clean sweep of pop-up ads. Yahoo! Companion Toolbar. Now with Pop-Up Blocker. Get it for free! http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/kqIolB/TM