RARA-AVIS: Re: Talking about a new (in UK) series

From: Dave Zeltserman ( davezelt@comcast.net)
Date: 01 Oct 2004

> Congratulations on FAST LANE, Dave.

Thanks, FAST LANE was 12 years in the making. It feels good to have it finally in print.

> I'd tend to disagree that the saloonkeeper is less evil in the
later episodes

I don't know, he seemed to soften up to me. I forgot to mention in my earlier post that William Sanderson (Larry from Newhart) does a terrific job in this show also. It would be very cool if the producers somehow got the two Darryls to show up as his assistants!

About Maltese Falcon - Bill, you have me beat. I've probably only seen this one 10 times. What makes this movie so great, other than its extremely faithful to the book (other than Bogie doesn't look at all like Sam Spade is described), is the casting. Peter Lorre as Cairo and Sidney Greenstreet as Gutman are superb! Btw. This was Greenstreet's debut performance, all at age 62.

-Dave Z.

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> Make a clean sweep of pop-up ads. Yahoo! Companion Toolbar. Now with Pop-Up Blocker. Get it for free! http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/kqIolB/TM