RARA-AVIS: Best Recent Classic Noir Reprints

From: David Wright ( dwright333@yahoo.com)
Date: 17 Jul 2004

     Having just thoroughly enjoyed Peter Rabe's
'The Box' in its recent Stark House reprint, I was wondering what y'all thought were some of the best classic Noir reprints from the last year or two? I loved the first Frederic Brown re-release, and am looking forward to reading Willeford's 'Black Mass of Brother Springer.' I try to keep track of new revivals, but it is easy to miss things by some of the smaller houses, and stuff goes out of print so fast - any real winners, recently or forthcoming? Thanks,

===== David Wright - Seattle Public Library Fiction Dept.

"Literature is a luxury; fiction is a necessity."
                 -G.K. Chesterton