Re: RARA-AVIS: Hearing about new books and writers

From: Michael Robison ( miker_zspider@yahoo.com)
Date: 12 Jul 2004

William Denton wrote:

Which makes me wonder, where do rare birds find out about new or old books and writers (aside from here)?

*********** Nonfiction books about the genre, like the O'Brien one you mentioned, always seem to come up with something I haven't heard of. Aside from recommendations from rare birds, I've had a lot of luck with Amazon.com. Put something on your wish list and Amazon recommends a bunch of similar ones. That's how I found Tom Franklin's POACHERS. Amazon oftentimes will also have several few reader reviews of the books they recommend.

miker