Re: RARA-AVIS: Someone who doesn't like Pelecanos

From: Terrill Lankford ( lankford2000@earthlink.net)
Date: 07 Jul 2004

On Jul 6, 2004, at 8:42 PM, William Denton wrote:
> Last week I saw the hour-long documentary/dramatization that Mr.
> Lankford
> did about Michael Connelly. It really brought LA and Connelly's
> books--and every other LA writer's--to life for someone who's never
> been
> there. I'd love to see a similar thing done for Pelecanos's
> Washington.
> Mr. Lankford, might it happen?
>
> Bill
> --
> William Denton : Toronto, Canada : http://www.miskatonic.org/ : Caveat
> lector.

Bill,

I have no idea if any other writers or publishers will go to the expense and trouble that it took to put that DVD into people's hands, but George would be a very good candidate for that kind of treatment. However, it is unlikely that I would be called upon to serve the same duties on that project if it were to happen. George is a fine filmmaker in his own right and knows plenty of folks on the east coast who could do a much better job of it than I could.

TL