RARA-AVIS: Three movies

From: Michael Robison ( miker_zspider@yahoo.com)
Date: 05 Jul 2004

I saw Mystic River. I played the guy's confession twice about what happened years earlier, and I still couldn't understand what he was saying. I decided I didn't care. I didn't like the movie. I haven't read the book. It appeared to me that it unsuccessfully tried to parallel plot complexities of the book.

I watched Deliverance again. Fantastic movie. Simple story with the not-so-simple implications of classic Southern Gothic.

I'm halfway through the Cold Mountain movie. I'm going to bed. So far the movie carries little of the violent, dangerous, and desperate mood done so well in Frazer's book. At least not yet.

miker