Re: RARA-AVIS: Bouchercon (Toronto, Oct 7-10)

From: JIM DOHERTY ( jimdohertyjr@yahoo.com)
Date: 05 Jul 2004

Karin and Bill,

Re your questions and comments:

> : Those of you who have been to Bouchercon before,
> is the Saturday banquet
> : really a big highlight worth signing up for?

Karin, I find it hard to get enthusiastic at the prospect of spending more for a mass-produced meal than I would at a decent restaurant for an individually prepared meal. Consequently, I tend to avoid banquets at mystery conventions.

However, I probably WILL be a the Private Eye Writers awards banquet, which is always coincident with (but semi-autonomous from) Bouchercon.

> I have no idea, but I'll be there. Closer to the
> date, let's make a plan
> for a get-together for all the rare birds coming to
> Hogtown. The start of
> October is a really nice time of year here.

Great idea, Bill! That I'll make a POINT of getting to.

JIM DOHERTY