RARA-AVIS: Re: Someone who doesn't like Pelecanos.

From: Marianne Macdonald ( marianne.macdonald@lineone.net)
Date: 04 Jul 2004

> What surprised me about this interview, besides the
> incoherence, was the lack of actual content. It also
> surprised me that he harps on Pelecanos, one of the most
> solid crime writers around.
>
> Something is wrong with this whole picture.

Guys, cool it! It was perfectly clear to this Ancient Stylistic Close Reader that what I was skimming was a conversation between two people who were having a few dozen drinks and a few self-conscious laughs. I could just see them sprawling there on the couch with their heads swimming, waistbands undone and a garage CD playing....

Breathe deeply and talk about something nasty. Hey, I've just bought copies of the third Boston Teran AND A Rage in Harlem.

Marianne Macdonald