Re: Connelly: (Was: Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: Who wrote it?)

From: Michael Robison ( miker_zspider@yahoo.com)
Date: 29 Jun 2004

John Lau wrote: since I first started reading him, I always had a sense that Connelly was carrying Chandler's mantle, not for his prose style, which countless others have self-consciously tried to mimic, but instead for the profound sense of melancholy that permeates the Harry Bosch stories, and the very specific use of Los Angeles as character.

...Michael Connelly delivers the goods.

********* Well-stated. That's the way I feel about him, also.

miker