RARA-AVIS: Get Carter Redux?

From: Mark Sullivan ( DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net)
Date: 25 Jun 2004

I'll Sleep When I'm Dead is opening in the DC area next week. It's directed by Michael Hodges and stars Clive Owen as a former gangster who comes out of retirement to investigate his brother's death. Now that premise is the same as that of Hodges's classic Get Carter, based on Ted Lewis's great book (and not terribly far from Hodge's The Limey, either). So I'm wondering if it is essentially a remake of Get Carter or if Hodges takes it somewhere else. Since it seems to have come out in the UK in 2003, I was hoping someone might have seen it and can answer that question (and tell me if it's worth seeing) without giving too much away.

Mark