RARA-AVIS: Recent readings

From: Frederick Zackel ( fzackel@wcnet.org)
Date: 09 Jun 2004

Having been hiding out, I just finished a string of new ARCs: CAUGHT STEALING by Charlie Huston (ballsy!!! *** Recommended) THE BLACKBIRD PAPERS by Ian Smith (so-so, borrow at the library) TWENTY-SEVEN BONES by Jonathan Nasaw (icky, wash your hands afterwards) and THE HUNDREDTH MAN by Jack Kerley (solid ** Yeah, it's recommended, too.)

Tonight I start THE NARROWS by Michael Connelly.

Oh, and I'm reading newspapers:

"It seems that all the crime is being dropped here in Las Vegas," private investigator, Gary Wright says, popping a stick of Big Red gum into his mouth and checking his cell phone for messages. "I wish I had a remedy for this," Wright said. "It's like you're chasing butterflies sometimes." ~ Mary Manning, Las Vegas Sun, April 29, 2004

Frederick Zackel