Re: RARA-AVIS: Recent reading

From: Michael Robison ( miker_zspider@yahoo.com)
Date: 09 Jun 2004

Bill Crider wrote: I just finished China Mieville's KING RAT, which isn't exactly a crime novel, but then it isn't exactly not a crime novel, either. It certainly includes some grisly murders, so I guess it's OK to mention here.
...I'd also say it borders on the hardboiled/noir...

********* I read his PERDIDO STREET STATION a few months back and I thought he showed a lot of talent but didn't really produce, a boxer pulling punches. I thought PERDIDO was definitely hardboiled and noir. I've got KING RAT and am looking forward to reading it.

miker