RARA-AVIS: Recent reading

From: Ed Lynskey ( e_lynskey@yahoo.com)
Date: 09 Jun 2004

I finished a late entry Ed Lacy paperback titled SHOOT TO KILL
(1963), formerly called THE SEX CASTLE. The first five chapters were a short story published in an AH anthology. An artist/ex-pro football player is hired to smuggle heroin from France in a glass cat figurine. Not one of Lacy's accomplished efforts, I'm afraid to report.

Something better is his hardcover title, THE HOTEL DWELLERS
(1966), not really hb, more mainstream but it does demonstrate the crime writer's skillful range.

Ed Lynskey

=====