Re: RARA-AVIS: James Sallis

From: Chris Martin ( cptpipes@hotmail.com)
Date: 07 Jun 2004

I'd like to echo comments about reading Sallis in order. I should add that after reading the series a first time in order, I have enjoyed cherry picking my favorites out to re-read and have liked them this way as well even though by now I don't catch as many of the references (though I do notice ones I missed the first time). Bluebottle (set in the early 70s) is particularly interesting since it re-imagines events from Black Hornet to a different outcome. What a crazy series this is.

As for the po'boy: As far as I know, there are many variations with the only constant being the french bread (and the calories). I've had them with oysters, catfish, chicken and roast beef. Delicious.

_________________________________________________________________ Is your PC infected? Get a FREE online computer virus scan from McAfee® Security. http://clinic.mcafee.com/clinic/ibuy/campaign.asp?cid=3963