Re: RARA-AVIS: Block's Writer's Block

From: Terrill Lankford ( lankford2000@earthlink.net)
Date: 29 Apr 2004

Miker,

You're thinking about Larry Block, not Mike Connelly. Mike very graciously signs any book people put in front of him. Larry is known to be a little bit more picky on tour. But he was kind enough to visit my store - twice - while it was open. I drunkenly took advantage of him and had him sign every book of his we had in stock - which were many. When we finally got down to the USED paperbacks, he looked up at me in amazement and said, "You actually want me to sign those?" Without missing a beat I replied, "Sure, Larry. For the kids."

He signed them anyway. They're probably the only used store-stock paperbacks he's ever signed. E-mail me off list and we'll negotiate fair prices so my kids can go to college.

On another note, I just want to say thanks to everyone who chimed in here with kind words about Earthquake Weather a few days ago. It's always nice to hear people are responding positively to your work, but when it comes from people you respect, it means that much more. This is the only list I belong to on the internet and there's a reason for that. You guys (and gals). Thanks.

TL

www.terrillleelankford.com