RARA-AVIS: Lawrence Block rants about signature-hungry book collectors...

From: Andrew Albert J. Ty ( andrewty@i-manila.com.ph)
Date: 28 Apr 2004

While it's easy to see what relevance this may have to those of you in Rara-Avis, I'm aware that Block isn't exactly the kind of author we discuss in Horrabin Hall. Still, it's quite a provocative little piece that may be of interest.

I found lines like "Unless you count Saint Paul, book tours are a recent phenomenon" quite delightful, and Block's comments about mercenary collectors quite on the money. Still, he does sound a bit harsh here, and personally, I like my books signed and with my name on it. In any case: http://www.villagevoice.com/issues/0417/essay.php

Andrew