Re: RARA-AVIS: One southwest, one southwestern

From: William Denton ( buff@pobox.com)
Date: 19 Apr 2004

On 19 April 2004, Mario Taboada wrote:

: Bill, you're not seriously considering skipping Johnny Vengence, are
: you? It's good stuff. Have you read Gruber's classic Peace Marshal?
: Gruber described himself as a total hack --and proud of it--. but the
: best of his work is still worth reading and gives satisfaction.

I have these westerns: THE BIG LAND, BITTER SAGE, THE BUSHWHACKERS, FIGHTING MAN, THE LONE GUNHAWK, THIS GUN IS STILL ("Every man who'd ever forced a showdown with Deever had a tombstone to prove it--until a quiet stranger packing a Colt came to town"), TOWN TAMER ("Gunfighting was Rosser's business--he was in it because he liked it"), and WANTED! ("The name was Rawlins, the town was Deadwood ... the job was vengeance").

I haven't read any of them. I've never heard of JOHNNY VENGEANCE (except maybe for seeing it mentioned here), but man, that's a good title.

Bill