Re: RARA-AVIS: James Loftus

From: Mark Sullivan ( DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net)
Date: 13 Apr 2004

Bill C wrote:

"I have no idea what the purpose of the joke is (if indeed it's a joke), but I do know that I've never heard of any of the titles O'Connell mentions."

If it's fake (and I figure it must be if it's a Gold Medal author you've never heard of, Bill), perhaps it's for (or from) O'Connell's upcoming book. His past books have dealt with radio, film and comics, among other media, placing a fictional character within the real histories of each. Maybe his next book involves paperback originals and the search for the lost Jack Loftus? The locations in Loftus's alleged bio certainly fall within O'Connell's fictional world.

Mark