RARA-AVIS: THE STALKER by Bill Pronzini

From: Ed Lynskey ( e_lynskey@yahoo.com)
Date: 05 Apr 2004

I recently bought a reading copy of Bill Pronzini's novel, THE STALKER, his first I believe. Also a nomination for EDGAR, Best First Novel. Most of the action takes place in San Francisco. Interestingly, the antagonist is referred to as "the limping man" until the last pages. I wondered if this was a source idea for the later Nameless Detective series. The story was a good read for me.

Ed Lynskey

=====