Re: RARA-AVIS: INTERFACE, Joe Gores

From: Mario Taboada ( matrxtech@yahoo.com)
Date: 03 Apr 2004

Come Morning is a brilliant piece of work. It reminded me of the best Gold Medals. It is harboiled noir (more Chaswilliamsonian than Hammetian in tone and style).

I have already mentioned a problem with Dead Man-- a problem for me, let it be understood. However, the book is absorbing, the story brutal and the style tough and unrelenting. One detail bothered me greatly, but you may not even notice it or care.

Now let me say it l. and c.: Why has the MWA not yet given Gores its Grand Master award? What further proof of greatness could he supply? The ommission is glaring and no doubt has been noticed by many.

Best,

MrT