Re: RARA-AVIS: INTERFACE, Joe Gores

From: William Denton ( buff@pobox.com)
Date: 28 Mar 2004

I agree about INTERFACE. I thought it was absolutely top notch. If anyone out there hasn't read it, you should, but don't read any spoilers or skip to the back of the book to see how it turns out.

Aside from the DKA stories, Mr. Robison might want to try MENACED ASSASSIN
(1994), which is another masterpiece of narrative structure. It's like the entire story is there, laid out in front of you, and Gores is trying to tell it all at once, except that's impossible, so he has to pick bits from here and there, and the way he picks them is the most suspenseful arrangement possible.

Bill