Re: RARA-AVIS: London surveillance

From: Mark Sullivan ( DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net)
Date: 26 Mar 2004

Bill wrote:

"Damn! More books to add to my list."

I know just what you mean. I know it's terrible, but I've actually found myself thinking (very briefly) that it was a good thing when a new author I've discovered is dead because it means there is a finite number of books to read.

"This series hasn't been mentioned in the a couple of years, according to the archives. Can I just grab the latest one, or is it necessary to start at the beginning?"

I read the first three paperback originals. Because I largely wait for paper, I lost track of him when he started being published in hardback without paper reprints. I see some of those are available pretty cheap. Maybe it's time for me to catch up with him. I did like the series quite a bit.

As for your question about reading them in order, I'm kind of anal about that myself, but I don't think the order particularly matters here. There is some continuity, but nothing you couldn't pick up easily enough.

Mark