Re: RARA-AVIS: Donald Goines

From: Michael Robison ( miker_zspider@yahoo.com)
Date: 25 Mar 2004

Bill Crider wrote: This discussion reminds me that in the '70s there were a few series with black protagonists, maybe because of the success of the blaxploitation films. The series I'm thinking of are Super Spade, Black Narc, and that sort of thing. Anybody ever read any of those? And were they written by black guys or white ones?

************** I don't know about the ones you mention, but I recently got a copy of Tidyman's SHAFT, which I think might have started the whole thing off. I think Tidyman was white.

miker