RARA-AVIS: Thomas H. Cook - Peril

From: Chris Martin ( cptpipes@hotmail.com)
Date: 18 Mar 2004

I really enjoyed this book. I've mentioned here before that Cook raised the bar so high with Breakheart Hill that I'm always a little dissapointed by his subsequent books. Still, he is always worth reading with great characters and atmosphere.

A minor quibble this time around is that there is a chance encounter in Peril that is awfully farfetched in a city as large as NYC, but why nitpick?

It's also worth noting that while Breakheart Hill and The Chatham School Affair are fairly similar, every book since then has had Cook trying something new and different, which makes Cook all the more fun to follow.

_________________________________________________________________ Get reliable access on MSN 9 Dial-up. 3 months for the price of 1!
(Limited-time offer) http://click.atdmt.com/AVE/go/onm00200361ave/direct/01/