RARA-AVIS: Ken Bruen

From: Bill Crider ( bcrider@houston.rr.com)
Date: 15 Mar 2004

I've had Ken Bruen's "White Trilogy," reprinted in a thick trade paperback edition by Kate's Mystery Books, on my shelf for about a year now. Last night, I took it down and read "A White Arrest," the first of the trilogy, and I'm sorry I waited so long. It's nasty, brutal, and short. It has more riffs on popular culture than I could count, along with plenty of dark humor.

Bill Crider