RARA-AVIS: Library of America books

From: Michael Robison ( miker_zspider@yahoo.com)
Date: 10 Mar 2004

Marc Seals wrote:

If you've never held a Library of America edition in your mitts, you've a treat coming. (I know, I'm a book nerd, but I love a well-made volume.)

************ I've got a few of them myself, the 30s/40s noir, a Cormac McCarthy, a Jack London, and right now I'm working my way through the volume of early Chandler writing. They are nice books. I usually prefer a paperback to a hardback because of the size, but the Library of America books are a nice size. My only complaint is that the pages are a bit thin and I can see print on the opposite page sometimes.

miker