Re: RARA-AVIS: April is American southwest month

From: Mark Sullivan ( DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net)
Date: 02 Mar 2004

Bill Denton wrote:

"I hope he'll define just where the American southwest is, because the rest of the world finds American regions a bit confusing. You may want to have an atlas at hand for this theme."

Since no one has really addressed this question, let me take a stab at it for all of the furriners out there. In my mind, the southwest would be Texas, Oklahoma, Arizona and New Mexico, along with the southern parts of Nevada and Utah. (If Utah is included, we should add Robert Irvine to the list.) Although much of California, including LA, is geographically in the southwestern US, to Amuricans, it is California, a whole separate place in the American mind and imagination.

Mark