RARA-AVIS: James Lee Burke

From: Bill Crider ( bcrider@houston.rr.com)
Date: 02 Mar 2004

Burke attended Bellaire High School in Houston, so he's a Texan. Billy Bob Holland (BITTERROOT, etc.) is a former Texas Ranger. So Burke fits the list. If we're reading westerns, James Reasoner's westerns often have a mystery plot. His books about Judge Big Earl Stark come to mind, even if he did kill me off in one of them. And even if he did weasel around and get his own photo on the cover of STARK'S JUSTICE and cut me out of the picture
(except for my hand).

Bill Crider