Re: RARA-AVIS: Noir and Hardboiled Fiction

From: Miles Archer ( marcher@bctonline.com)
Date: 12 Dec 2003

on 12/12/03 4:53 PM, Geir Glosvik at gglosvik@online.no wrote:
<<>>
> I'm not saying anything's
> wrong, anybody can discuss anything, but don't you agree that we're
> discussing literature with fundamentally different views of life on this
> list?
<<>>

You can pretty much boil all literary effort down its world view: good vs. evil. After that, it's all a matter of how the writer gets to his/her conclusion. Tell you the truth, I find relentlessly upbeat,
'good-will-triumph-over-evil' stories depressing. Could that be why I like hardboiled/noir? Maybe a little Prozak...

Miles