Re: RARA-AVIS: Bouchercon

From: Bill Crider ( bcrider@houston.rr.com)
Date: 21 Oct 2003

Bill Denton asked what sort of look I got at the Latimer script. Not much. I was afraid to touch it to turn the page. But I did read the first page, which is exactly like the novel. There's a voiceover that begins with the same words Hammett used. And some of you might like this: I was told that a book scout found the manuscript at a church rummage sale. Why don't I ever find stuff like that?

Bill Crider