Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: Electric Sheep

From: Jesse Willis ( jessewillis@yahoo.com)
Date: 20 Oct 2003

I think Blade Runner is one of the very few adaptations of science fiction stories to be much better than the source material. Most of the Philip K. Dick movies are not improvements over the source material, quite the reverse Minority Report was a shambles in my view and Screamers made me want to scream. Total Recall is actually pretty good, but the short story We Can Remember It For You Wholesale is a masterpiece. Those interested in PKD on film should grab the IMPOSTOR DVD, it contains the short film version of Impostor as well as the expanded feature. The short film is pretty darned good (other than the sound quality), the movie length is horrible, and the only difference between the two is a ridiculous chase sequence.

Jesse

===== SFFAudio: http://www.sffaudio.com