Re: RARA-AVIS: ya noir

From: Mark Sullivan ( DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net)
Date: 11 Oct 2003

Ms. Meaker,

I picked up your Book of Fell today. I read the first chapter while standing in line. I must say you can really turn a phrase. For instance:

"In between that party up at Adieu and her Senior Prom, we fell in love, blown away by the kind of passion that made Dante write about Beatrice, Tristam hunger for Isolde, and my father's last client dog the steps of his young, unfaithful wife, who sneaked off to roadhouses where the jukebox roared and men drank beer from the neck of the bottle."

You also manage to capture character very concisely -- the descriptions of Fell's father and Keats's mother were both beautifully done. I'm looking forward to the rest of the book.

Mark