RARA-AVIS: Marijane Meaker's web site

From: William Denton ( buff@pobox.com)
Date: 02 Oct 2003

Ms. Meaker has a web site (run by a fan with her approval, it seems), and I don't know if it's been mentioned on the list, so here's the URL:

        http://www.mekerr.com/

That's for M.E. Kerr, obviously, one of her pseudonyms. (I just clued in today: M.E. Kerr ... Me Kerr ... Meeker ... Meaker.) The site has lots of stuff, mostly aimed at her YA readers. I didn't see anything about the Gold Medal books under the Vin Packer pseudonym, though that I would have loved to know about that when I read DINKY HOCKER SHOOTS SMACK. Perhaps teens these days are more delicate. There are pictures and even sound clips, so we can all imagine what she looks like and how she talks when she sends some mail to the list. Welcome, Ms. Meaker!

Bill

P.S. Let's be on our best behaviour for a guest and not get into film
     studies discussions.